CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA NOTICE
Personal Data Collection & Security
As our valued customer, we would like you to understand that in connection with your commercial dealings with FIVE Petroleum Malaysia Sdn Bhd also known as the Company and its group of companies (“the Group”), it is necessary for the Company and/or the Group to collect and process data about yourself and/or your business entity. We therefore hope that you will spend some time to go through this notice.
This Notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. The main purpose of this notice is to make you better understand the reasons and purposes of the collection of personal data by FIVE Petroleum Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“the Company” or “we” or “us”) as well as the Company’s commitment to ensure that your data is securely processed and kept. We believe that our customers have an expectation to understand how their personal data is handled. It is part of our Company’s values that all personal data and privacy of our customers are treated with care and respect. The security of your personal data is important to us.
What Information Does FIVE Collect?
In other situations, there may be a need to collect more personal data depending upon the nature of transaction, business and so forth. We do not believe in collecting excessive personal data and what we collect are the essentials that are required to ensure the efficacy of business and transactions. You may choose whether or not to provide your personal data to us, including sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data may include such things as information on physical or mental health or medical condition, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, commission or alleged commission of any offence.
General personal data collection:
1. Personal information such as name, date of birth, age, identity card number (proof of identification including NRIC number, passport number, old NRIC number);
2. Contact information including telephone and email address;
3. Information concerning nationality, types of goods/service requested and personal interest;
4. Customers’ transaction details for marketing analysis purposes.
You may at any time inform us if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or our related corporations by contacting us directly.
Source of Personal Data
Generally, the personal data that we collect comes directly from you. For instance, when you contact or register with FIVE (whether online or through our computer or mobile applications or otherwise) or enter into any other transactions with us. Apart from information provided by you, the Company and the Group may obtain personal data on you from various reference checks, background checks or from the various governmental authorities.
Purpose of Personal Data Processing
The personal data you provide will be collected, held on computer and/or in manual files, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by the Company and/or the Group for the following purposes:
1. those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by the Company and/or the Group;
2. conducting marketing and client profiling activities in connection with any services and related products of the Company, the Group and/or our business partners;
3. our internal record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s), customer service-related matters and other administrative purposes, including audits, fraud monitoring and prevention;
4. to communicate with you, including responding to your enquiries; meeting or complying with any legal, regulatory or statutory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, legislation, rule, ruling, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code (collectively “laws”) applicable to us or any member companies of the Group;
5. research, benchmarking and statistical analysis; and/or
6. other reasons that are required or permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 or other applicable laws.
Other than the above, we do not collect personal data for any other reasons. Should there be a new purpose for the collection of data, we shall inform you accordingly and obtain your concurrence to the same, where necessary.
Confidential and Secure Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to the Company by you will be kept confidential. We treat the confidentiality of your personal data very seriously, which is of utmost importance to us. However, in certain circumstances, it would be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data for the purposes stated above to the following categories of persons (whether within or outside Malaysia) and where we do so, we would merely disclose data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure:
1. entities within the SENG Group of Companies including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies;
2. any body or person to whom the Company is compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, agency or body;
3. law enforcement authorities;
4. such sub-contractors or third party service or product providers (an example would be auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, service providers, events and training organisers, telecommunications companies, cloud computing or data back-up service providers and other advisers).
Data Security & Safeguards
FIVE considers it is our responsibility to provide our customers with reasonable protection in respect of their personal data protections. We shall endeavour to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
Please notify us in writing if you wish to withdraw or revoke your consent from our use as stipulated herein. However, please note that we may thereafter be unable to continue to provide you with the products or services requested. It is also important that the data you have supplied is kept up-to-date. Please notify us of any changes so that we may update our records. You may submit your complaints/notifications/requests/inquiries regarding your personal data by contacting the following person between 8am to 5pm from Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays):
• Name: Customer Service Unit
• Email : [email protected]
• Telephone Number: +6012 2339211
• Fax Number: +603 2302 1155
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Personal Data Protection Notice, the English language version shall prevail.